Close this search box.


Close this search box.

Probe ordered into death of student, girlfriend

ATTOCK, Jan 10: Regional Police officer (RPO) DIG Nasir Khan Durrani on Saturday ordered an inquiry to ascertain the cause of death of a medical college student and his girlfriend.

Earlier, the local police declared their death a suicide in the FIR without examining the ground facts and evidence of the incident.

The RPO issued the orders on the application of a local dental surgeon of Attock Dr Saqib Suleman, the elder brother of the deceased student.

The applicant, Dr Saqib, said that his 22-year-old brother Amir Suleman was first year MBBS student of Rawalpindi Medical College. On December 31, 2008, the birthday of his brother, he received information at about 7.30 pm that his brother Amir was shot dead and his body was lying at the tehsil headquaters hospital Taxila.

He rushed to the hospital along with other relatives and found his brother’s body in the mortuary with bullet wounds to his skull. On query, the investigation officer, Sub-Inspector Sikandar Hayat, who was present at the spot, said Amir committed suicide with a pistol after injuring a 19-year-old girl at Wah Cantonment near her house. The girl, who was also a medical college student, was rushed to a local hospital, he maintained.

The police registered attempted murder and suicide cases against his dead brother on the report of the mother of the deceased girl without going through medico-legal, violating the rules, he said. After three days of the incident, the injured girl also died at the hospital on January 3, he said.

According to medico-legal report, the bullet entered his skull from the left side whereas his brother was a right-hander. There was also no charring of the area where the bullet hit, which proved that the shot was fired from a distance instead of point blank, he said.

Such findings of medico legal report enough to prove that his brother and girl were killed by third person, he claimed.

Moreover, police had neither recorded any statement of the injured girl as she was alive for three days nor did carry out her postmortem and even her relatives took her body from the hospital and buried without informing the local police, he said.

Gas loadshedding: Majority of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) stations in Attock and surrounding areas have been closed for the last four days due to gas loadshedding by the authorities to meet the demand of domestic consumers, it has been learnt. In the prevailing situation, the consumers are forced to run their CNG-fitted vehicles either on patrol or wait in long queues for filling CNG in their vehicles.

While the workers of CNG stations, mostly of them daily wagers, were also affected financially due to closure of filling stations.

During the visit to some local CNG stations on Friday, the employees said that under the gas loadshedding schedule, the CNG stations, divided into two groups, would indefinitely close their operations for alternate four days.
Source: Dawn