Close this search box.


Close this search box.

Police get four-day remand of alleged rapists

ISLAMABAD: Six persons charged with gang raping two schoolgirls were given on four-day physical remand to the police on Saturday.

Police produced the accused in the court of a civil judge and sought their custody for seven days for investigation and interrogation.

Meanwhile, investigation into the crime revealed that one of the accused had friendship with a victim (KB) for the last two-and-a-half years. On April 3, the accused (A) convinced her for a date.

The girl reportedly said she would come along with her friend (SB).

The accused arranged a Toyota Corolla the same day and also made arrangements in the property office in connivance with one of his accomplices.

The next day – April 4 – at around 12:30pm, he reached the school along with another man (S) and after picking up the two girls drove towards the property office. When SB raised an objection to their going to the property office, she was silenced by her friend, KB.

Four persons were already present in the office when the two men brought the girls there.

Upon their arrival, one of the men present in the office went out leaving behind the five men and the two girls inside.

The accused took SK to another room forcefully and subjected her to torture and then raped her. As a result, she started bleeding profusely.

KB was not subjected to rape but assaulted by two of the accused due to her physical condition.

At around 3pm, the victims reached their houses after the accused asked them to leave.

Later SK narrated the incident to her mother who along with some neighbours reached the property office and quarreled with the property dealer. However, he showed ignorance about the matter and promised to probe.

Later, the family decided to lodge a complaint with the police.

The father of the victim – SHS – approached the police and Rescue-15 and lodged a complaint and took the girl to hospital when the police did not respond at around 8:20pm.

When Superintendent of Police Mohammad Ilyas received information from Rescue-15 that the girls had been brought to the hospital with complaint of gang rape, he reached the hospital and also called the SHO of Shahzad Town to the spot and inquired the matter from the father of the victim.

Later, statements of the victims were recorded.

In response, the SP along with SK’s mother raided the property office and after 48 hours police arrested all the six accused – two brothers and the remaining cousins.