ISLAMABAD: Law and Justice Minister Farooq H Naek on Friday directed the Mohmand Agency administration to take act against those involved in the stoning to death of a man and woman to death, after the pair were kidnapped from Nowshera.
The bodies of the victims were later hidden in an area of jungle.
The minister issued a statement condemning the “heinous incident”, and said the couple had been killed in an “un-Islamic, barbaric, gruesome and uncivilised way”. Naek said those who carried out eh killing would be punished in accordance with the law and the government would not condone such acts. The minister issued the directive following media reports. According to reports, a self-proclaimed Qazi (Islamic jurist) had ordered the stoning of the couple.
Source: Daily Times