Home / Gender Issues / Man throws acid on woman over minor dispute

Man throws acid on woman over minor dispute

RAWALPINDI: Royal Artillery (RA) Bazaar police on Saturday booked a man for allegedly throwing acid on a woman over a minor dispute.

Police officials told Daily Times that Nasreen Bibi, a resident of street no 6 in Garoti Morr, informed RA Bazaar Police Station that her 27-year-old sister-in-law Gulnaz Bibi told her on telephone on Friday night that she was visiting a shrine along with her friend Muhammad Asif.

Nasreen said Asif got angry with Gulnaz over a minor dispute and left her in the cab saying he had to get something from a nearby shop. Then Asif brought acid and threw it on Gulnaz. Nasreen claimed to have heard cries of Gulnaz on telephone.

Police rushed to the spot and found the victim injured. Gulnaz was shifted to District Headquarters (DHQ) Hospital where doctors declared that acid had burnt Gulnaz’s body at four points severely.

According to medical report, Gulnaz’s face including eyes, backside, sensitive body parts and arms were burnt with acid.

The police have registered a case against Asif and started investigation. The victim is being treated at DHQ Hospital.

RA Bazaar Police Station House Officer (SHO) Raja Basharat Abbasi confirmed the incident saying, “Police have registered a case but the accused has managed to escape. A police party is raiding at his house to arrest him as soon as possible. Victim’s family is also being interrogated.”

Fall to death: Meanwhile, a 22-year-old labourer died as he fell from a three-storey building in the limits of Waris Khan Police Station.

Police said Bani Amin, a resident of Mardan, and his brother were working as labourers on construction of a three-storey building in Dhok Farman Ali. All of sudden, Amin fell from the building and died because of injuries on the way to DHQ Hospital.

The body has been handed over to the bereaved family after autopsy.

Double murder case: Pirwadhai police resolved a double murder case and arrested the main culprit, said a handout.

It said an investigation team headed by Pirwadhi Police SHO Chaudhary Zulfiqar Ali had traced the double murder case in which they arrested accused Muhammad Munir.

On May 30, Malik Marghob and his son Malik Amir were found beheaded in their house located in Khayban-e-Sirsyed near Muhammadi Chowk. The family members did not nominate any suspect in the FIR, as they did not have enmity with anyone.

During investigation, police arrested accused Muhammad Munir, a resident of Sargodha who confessed that he killed Marghob and his son because he allegedly transferred their property to his name and the deceased had noticed it.
Source: Daily Times

About admin

burberry pas cher burberry soldes longchamp pas cher longchamp pas cher polo ralph lauren pas cher nike tn pas cher nike tn nike tn pas cher air max 90 pas cher air max pas cher roshe run pas cher nike huarache pas cher nike tn pas cher louboutin pas cher louboutin soldes mbt pas cher mbt pas cher hermes pas cher hollister pas cher hollister paris herve leger pas cher michael kors pas cher remy hair extensions clip in hair extensions mbt outlet vanessa bruno pas cher vanessa bruno pas cher vanessa bruno pas cher ralph lauren pas cher

Scroll To Top