Close this search box.


Close this search box.

Girl gang-raped, beaten up by four boys

A young girl was gang raped by four boys belonging to the affluent segment of society in the Boat Basin police limits. The girl, on resistance, was tortured with an iron rod and then raped by the boys.

K, 22, a resident of Hijrat Colony, said that she was residing with her brother-in-law in Gali-5, Hijrat Colony, and working in a bungalow in Clifton. She said that while returning home from work, when she reached near the Boat Basin Roundabout, four boys in a car pulled up next to her and forced her into the car at gunpoint. They then took her to a bungalow situated on Shahra-e-Iran, Block-5, Clifton.

After she fell unconscious due to the physical torture, they took her in the car and threw her at Mai Kolachi Pathak and fled. Some passers-by took her to the JPMC. The Boat Basin police, after receiving a call from the Medical Legal Officer (MLO), recorded the statement of the girl and lodged an FIR. The investigation police, she said, was not cooperating with her.

When The News approached the Medical Legal Officer (MLO) Dr Fareeda, she said that she did not have the ML Rape Register at the moment. However, she said that late night on Sunday K came to the emergency ward badly beaten claiming that she was raped. She wrote the report on plain paper and sent it to the Additional Police Surgeon Office as the rape register was in their office. When asked why she did not have the rape register with her as it was her duty to write the report, she refused to comment.

The Inspector Afzal SIO Boat Basin police station said that a case was lodged at the police station and they were interrogating. He further stated that, on Monday, he, along with the complainant (K), raided the bungalow which she had pointed in the FIR. While searching the house, she pointed to a room with a bed as the place she was raped. However, the team found no spots of blood that would corroborate her narration that, before being raped, she was thrashed with an iron rod.

However, the SIO said that they have also collected the Tracker report of the car movement and are interrogating from that point of view. No arrest was made in the case so far. The victim’s family said that the investigation police were not cooperating with them. They alleged that the accused were able to wash away the blood stains from the house as the investigation police raided the house the next day of the offence. They appealed to the authorities to see that justice is done.

The Capital City Police Officer Karachi, Azhar Ali Farooqi, when contacted, said that, when he heard of the rape and that no arrest was made yet, he directed the SP Clifton Town and SPO Clifton to look into the matter personally and submit a report as soon as possible. In a late night raid, two accused were held and were under interrogation.

Source: The News