Close this search box.


Close this search box.

Girl abducted, gang-raped

By: Munawer Azeem

ISLAMABAD, Sept 6: A taxi driver’s daughter was abducted and subjected to gang rape and torture for four days by a group of three persons, police said on Thursday.

Later, the accused brought the victim to the women police station and handed her over to the police there along with an amount of Rs30,000, saying she was found from a roadside and might have run away from her house. However, the police did not register the case on time and also delayed collection of the victim’s samples from the hospital to send them for DNA test.

By the time the women police registered the case on September 5, all the accused had escaped from their houses. After regaining her consciousness, the 22-year-old victim, a resident of New Shakrial, told the police that she was abducted by the three men when she was going to visit her paternal uncle on August 21.

The accused dragged her into a car and drove to a house where she was subjected to rape by the three men. The accused also tortured her when she started shouting to get attention of the neighbours and the passersby.

She was tied with a rope and remained in the captivity of the accused till the evening of August 25 and during this period the accused subjected her to rape and torture several times.

Sources in the police said the victim was brought to the police station in the evening of August 25 by three persons in a semi-conscious condition. The three men claimed that she had run away from her house and was found on the road.

They posed themselves as philanthropists and gave Rs30,000 to the police officials to bear the expenditure of the girl. Later, they left the police station but the police did not bother to question them.

The sources in the police and hospital said her medical examination certificate suggested that she had been subjected to rape. However, the police collected the samples from the hospital after 10 days for sending them to DNA and chemical tests.

The sources feared that the delay in sending the samples for DNA test could affect the results.

Station House Officer of Woman Police Station Sadaf Basharat told Dawn that the three men had left the girl outside the police station. On the same day, the victim was taken to the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (Pims) where her medical examination was conducted. “The samples were sent to DNA and chemical tests and the reports are awaited,” she added.

She said raids were being conducted to arrest the accused.

In response to a question about delay in registration of the case, she said after the medical examination on August 25, the victim was produced in the court of a magistrate who gave her two days to decide about lodging of a complaint for legal action against the accused.

Later, she was sent to the shelter centre at H-8 and kept there for two days, the ASI said, adding she was again produced in the court of the magistrate where she recorded her statement.

Besides, the police were also waiting for the medical report report and after getting it, a case was registered on September 5, the SHO said.