Home / Gender Issues / Newly-wed girl who was burnt dies at a hospital

Newly-wed girl who was burnt dies at a hospital

JHANG, Dec 13: A newly-wed girl, who was burnt allegedly by her husband and brother-in-law two days ago, died at a hospital late on Wednesday night. Khatoon of Sillanwali, Sargodha district, wed Nadeem of Kot Isra Shah, Jhang district, about six months ago. She left her house just 15 days after her marriage because of her strained relationship with her husband. Her in-laws eventually brought her back through a ‘panchayat’ some 10 days before the incident.

Khatoon’s father Saeed Ahmed stated in his complaint to police that his son-in-law, Nadeem, and his brother sprinkled kerosene on her, set her ablaze, locked her in a room and fled.

Khatoon started screaming and her neighbours came to rescue her. They took her to Jhang district hospital, from where she was taken to Faisalabad’s Allied Hospital where she succumbed to her burns.

Her body was handed to her father after an autopsy.

Accused Nadeem’s uncle Ghulam Muhammad said Khatoon was alone at home at the time of incident, adding she had committed suicide by setting herself ablaze.

Qadirpur police have registered a case against Nadeem and his brother.

Source: Dawn

Date:12/14/2007

About admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

burberry pas cher burberry soldes longchamp pas cher longchamp pas cher polo ralph lauren pas cher nike tn pas cher nike tn nike tn pas cher air max 90 pas cher air max pas cher roshe run pas cher nike huarache pas cher nike tn pas cher louboutin pas cher louboutin soldes mbt pas cher mbt pas cher hermes pas cher hollister pas cher hollister paris herve leger pas cher michael kors pas cher remy hair extensions clip in hair extensions mbt outlet vanessa bruno pas cher vanessa bruno pas cher vanessa bruno pas cher ralph lauren pas cher

Scroll To Top